SRS Close Protection Operative
SRS CPO – AoFAQ Level 3 Certificate Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Security Industry (RQF)
This training qualifies for the SIA Close Protection Operative (L3) license.
- 2019-08-19 to 09-01
- 2019-11-18 to 12-01
- 2020-02-17 to 03-01
- 2020-08-10 to 08-23
40,000 SEK (incl. VAT)
Welcome to one the most comprehensive basic Close Protection courses in the industry. The training set-up is the only one of its kind in the world with instructor-led online theoretical learning followed by hands-on practical training led by SRS’ experienced instructors. Learn and test your theoretical knowledge at your own pace before applying it in practical training.
The five-week long course divided into two phases:
- 3 weeks of online theoretical studies. This is where you study the course material together with the other learners.
- 2 weeks of practical training. Hands-on and concrete training taking your theoretical knowledge further and giving you the practical skills needed.
The SRS CPO(L3), Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry (RQF), is designed to meet the training and licensing requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) – which regulates the sector under the terms set out in the Private Security Industry Act 2001. This qualification has been accredited by the awarding body AoFAQ and the regulators Ofqual, Qualification Wales, CCEA and SIA.
1. Working as a Close Protection Operative
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a close protection operative.
- Understand basic surveillance, anti- surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques.
- Understand legislation relevant to a close protection operative.
- Understand the importance of interpersonal skills within a close protection environment.
- Understand the importance of reconnaissance within a close protection environment.
- Understand search procedures within a close protection environment.
- Be able to establish and maintain secure environments.
2. Planning, Preparing and Supporting a Close Protection Operation
- Understand the importance of threat assessment, risk management and operational planning.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and operational briefing within a close protection environment.
- Understand close protection foot drills.
- Understand the importance of planning for route selection.
- Understand the importance of transport management within the close protection environment.
- Understand incident management within a close protection environment.
- Understand venue security operations.
- Be able to plan and prepare to carry out a close protection operation.
- Be able to provide close protection of a principal.
3. Conflict Management Within the Security Industry
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role.
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations.
- Understand how to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict.
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations.
Assessment and qualification
To be awarded this qualification you must pass written tests and exams, and practical tests, and pass general assessment during the course. All exams will be completed in English.
Passing the course will qualify you to apply for the SIA CPO(L3) license and give you the opportunity to join the SRS Close Protection Network.
Included in the course fee you will receive market leading course literature to guide and support your development:
- Close Protection. A Closer Look at the Protection Equation by Richard J. Aitch. Main course literature by one of the thought-leaders in the industry.
- Close Protection. Tactical Aide-Memoire by Hugh Keir. Supporting literature to assist with the everyday tasks for a CPO.
- 18 years of age or older to commence the training
- Pass National Criminal Records check
- Pass pre-qualifying English test
- Personal Accident Insurance
The application and start-up process:
- You notify us of your interest via email@example.com
- You will receive an Application Form to fill out and send back
- SRS will do the pre-assessment and notify you together with payment details if you are accepted
- You pay and once payment is received SRS will confirm this and send you the detailed Course Information Package together with course literature and log-in details for the SRS Learning Portal